Tuesday 8 November 2011

Initial Magazine Title Ideas

To begin my own magazine research I started thinking of possible titles. I searched through magazines, websites and even CD and music charts to try and find titles that related to my chosen genre being 'Indie/Indie rock'. Below are some of these ideas:

  • Focus
  • On Repeat       
  • Intermix
  • Undesigned  
  • Individualist
  • Liberation 
  • Retro
  • Pulse
  • Features
  • Review
  • Radar
  • Spectral
  • Spirit 
  • Infiniti 
Those highlighted and enlarged are the ones I decided to be my initial favorites (before I gave a questionnaire to my peers)  as they best related and sounded short and memorable. 'Focus' I needed no inspiration for, I thought it up as it was quick and snappy. Although it doesn't relate to my genre as much as I would like. 'On Repeat' was my personal favourite as it was both genre and music related, it sounds to me attractive and modern. 'Icona Pop' is a name I found within the pages of NME, it sounded relatable and different so therefore memorable. 'Spectrals' is most probably my second favourite, it makes me think of a group of individuals different and more focused on then the rest, which is what a lot of Indie music and culture is about- standing out.

Questionnaire ---------> Poll      


At first I planned to conduct a questionnaire, but then I found the idea of an online poll to collect my answers.
I also added a new name to the mix, though I decided it perhaps lacked relevance. But I messed around with some designs and fonts anyway.











My initial ideas began to change slightly as I researched more and began to find more names that related to my genre and built up the constitutions of my idea. I decided to put an online poll on my blogger to see what my peers thought of my name choices.

As we can see from my poll we found that 'Pulse' was the most popular,  with 3 votes,followed by 'On Repeat' with 2 votes. 'Spectrals' was the only title to get no votes at all, leading me to the obvious conclusion that it was not very popular, so I instantly took it off the list.







The poll got more votes but despite this the results did not change, 'Pulse' still being the favourite, 'On Repeat' just behind. Ten people had now voted. 






I continued to play around with different fonts on 'da font'. Despite 'Pulse being the most popular title I still preferred my Outkast edit of a title shown below:





No comments:

Post a Comment