Thursday 19 April 2012

Double Page Spread Construction

Double Page Construction

 The relevance of this style is to keep in touch with the rebellious fantasy role model character I have created throughout the magazine. Also the fonts have mainly had floral and fancy swirl type patterns feature throughout so I felt it matched the house style very well.




When first developing I had to often move the text around. I mainly had to manipulate the main font feature (the quote I took from the interview and enlarged) in order to make the placement work well. The language I have used in the piece I wanted to be colloqueal and although it has contained a few swear words I needed it to appeal to a teenage audience, so I had to minimize the bad language.

Placing the main font proved to be a bit of a challenge as with my initial planning of spacing it did not look right as the text wrap made the piece look strange. In the end I manipulated the picture and alligned it left which I feel worked much better.






I feel my final double page spread ended up looking better then I had even planned it. I feel it created the ambience and atmosphere I strived to develop and I feel the cool icey tones and colours reflect the attitude of the piece I have written.

No comments:

Post a Comment